Re: [Quilt-dev] Dude, you killed my diffstat ;)

From: Tom Rini
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Dude, you killed my diffstat ;)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 20:06:51 -0700

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 03:44:19AM +0200, Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
> On Friday 11 June 2004 18:22, Tom Rini wrote:

> > ... and I been meaning to see what it'd take to add something like that
> > in.  Is there a reason it's not used by default (additional dependancy)
> > ?
>
> The additional dependency is not the main reason. I really don't want to
> force
> stuff like that onto people who have no interest in it.

I see your point.  It's just that when most people learn about diffstat,
from what I've seen the reaction has been "ooh, neat!".  But, that's not
really a good reason to change behavior. :)

> Some additional tweaking will be required to make things like the
> "Signed-off-by" lines survive (for kernel patches; they are expected at the
> end of patches).

Er, they're expected at the end of the desc, before patches.  The bits
that preserve existing comments (that's not %diffstat, which is possibly
a 'good' reason to keep requiring %diffstat in the code) will catch
Signed-off-by stuff fine. :)

--
Tom