[Quilt-dev] what does 'topmost' mean?

From: Yasushi SHOJI
Subject: [Quilt-dev] what does 'topmost' mean?
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 05:52:50 +0900

Hi all,

while working on japanese translation, I've got a question about a
word 'topmost'.

the help string for 'quilt new' curretly prints as follows:

> $ quilt new -h
> Usage: quilt new {patchname}
>
> Create a new patch with the specified file name, and insert it after the
> topmost patch in the patch series file.

now we know that 'topmost patch' is 'the topmost patch currently
applied' (or isn't it?). however, the help string can be read as 'the
topmost patch in the series, which includes unapplied patches'.

so my question is:

- is the 'topmost patch' defined somewhere?
- can I use 'topmost patch' as 'topmost patch currently applied'
through the help string?
- or is it just me got confused? ;P

best,
--