Re: [Quilt-dev] Releasing 0.39?

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Releasing 0.39?
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:05:38 +0100

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 10:23, Martin Quinson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just saw that you released 0.38 a few weeks ago, so I would like to update
> my package to the modernity. But you also added a bunch of fixes on top of
> the lastest released version.
>
> Last time I updated in such conditions, people kept bugging me until I
> borrowed most of the cvs updates to the package. This is somehow borring,
> and I was wondering what you would think about releasing 0.39 from the
> current cvs content. It would make my life easier ;)

I don't see why you can't simply apply a patch on top of the last
official version (that's what I do all the time), but I don't really
mind.

There was a small open bug in the remove command anyway, so I did that
earlier than planned, and bumped the version number as well.

Cheers,
--
Andreas Gruenbacher <address@hidden>
SUSE Labs, SUSE LINUX GMBH