Re: [Quilt-dev] patch for quilt refresh to sort patch

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] patch for quilt refresh to sort patch
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:24:53 +0200

On Wednesday 13 April 2005 13:20, Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> below is a very tiny patch that "canonicalizes" a patch by sorting by
> filename when doing a "quilt refresh". This is really useful for CVS and
> when you move patches around different trees.

        - for file in $(files_in_patch_ordered $patch)
        + for file in $(files_in_patch_ordered $patch | sort)

This defeats the whole point of the files_in_patch_ordered function, which is
to keep files in the order in which they already are in the patch. We can add
new files in sort order when doing the refresh though. Okay?

While checking your patch I noticed that the diff command was accidentally
sorting files as well.

> I'm not sure if this is portable shell syntax, though - works fine with
> bash.

The syntax is fine.

Cheers,
--