Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt push and globbing

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt push and globbing
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 20:43:40 +0200

[Jean Delvare]
Before, when I wanted to apply a new patch, I
would rename it first (without fancy characters in the new name, of
course), then import it, then attempt to push it. Now, I do it the
other way around, i.e. import, push, and if the push succeeds, rename
it.

[Joe Green]
Just FYI, "quilt import -n <newname>" is a convenient way to do the
rename as you do the import.

Oh, thanks for the information, I had missed that possibility. My bad, I
should have read the manual page more carefully.

That being said, note that it won't be of much help in my new working
model, as the whole point is to postpone the renaming until after I am
sure that I am able to actually apply the imported patch.