Re: [Quilt-dev] How to delete a file from the patch list...

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] How to delete a file from the patch list...
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 13:19:00 +0200

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 20:16, Ashok Raj wrote:
> i tried quilt remove <file_name>
>
> it said that this file is removed. Now i need to quilt refresh, it says
> that there is nothing to refresh. (There doesnt seem to be a -f option
> either for refresh).

An -f option wouldn't make much sense for refresh. I tried to reproduce the
bug you report, but everything seems to work as intended. This is
test/remove2.test:

        $ mkdir d
        $ cd d

        $ quilt new remove.patch
        > Patch patches/remove.patch is now on top

        $ quilt add foo bar baz
        > File foo added to patch patches/remove.patch
        > File bar added to patch patches/remove.patch
        > File baz added to patch patches/remove.patch

        $ echo foo > foo
        $ echo bar > bar
        $ echo baz > baz
        $ quilt remove baz
        > File baz removed from patch patches/remove.patch

        $ quilt refresh
        > Refreshed patch patches/remove.patch

        $ quilt remove bar
        > File bar removed from patch patches/remove.patch

        $ quilt refresh
        > Refreshed patch patches/remove.patch

        $ cd ..
        $ rm -rf d

Could you please tell me the exact sequence of commands that fails?

Thanks,
--
Andreas Gruenbacher <address@hidden>
SUSE Labs, SUSE LINUX PRODUCTS GMBH