Re: [Quilt-dev] fixing trailing patches

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] fixing trailing patches
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:12:08 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Jerome,

[Jerome Lacoste]
> Now I do:
> quilt refresh --strip-trailing-whitespace
> quilt pop
> quilt push
>
> When working on patches, to make sure they are OK.

The recent changes Andreas made (CVS commit 43 hours ago) should make it
unnecessary. "quilt refresh --strip-trailing-whitespace" should now
strip the trailing whitespace from both the patch and the files you are
working on.

[Jerome Lacoste]
> PS: as the documentation is purposedly kept away from verbosity, it
> might be interesting to have a quilt tips document/page to complete
> it. Anyone considered using a wiki?

As far as I am concerned, I'd rather spend time on making sure that
quilt just works and users don't need to learn such tips.