[Quilt-dev] template patch header for quilt new/refresh

From: jerome lacoste
Subject: [Quilt-dev] template patch header for quilt new/refresh
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:06:29 +0200

Hi,

I would like to have a template patch header for my patches. That
should be primarily auto-picked up by quilt and maybe user
configurable on the command line (although I won't have the need if
it's automated).

Would that be interesting to anyone? If so, what about allowing the
user to define the template somewhere like ./patches/.header, or
./.header?

I've had a quick look at it, and if you decide to add this to the
refresh command, one probably just need to modify this in the refresh
file:

--------------------
[...]
            ' diffstat="$diffstat" \
            $tmp_header > $tmp_result
else
        cat $tmp_header > $tmp_result
fi

cat $tmp_patch >> $tmp_result
--------------------

Into something like

--------------------
[...]
            ' diffstat="$diffstat" \
            $tmp_header > $tmp_result
else
        cat $tmp_header > $tmp_result
fi

if [ ! -e $patch_file -a -e $header_file]
then
  cat $header_file > $tmp_result
fi

cat $tmp_patch >> $tmp_result