Re: [Quilt-dev] Submit patch: allow "quilt delete" to delete patch files

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Submit patch: allow "quilt delete" to delete patch files
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:14:28 +0200

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 03:49:30PM -0700, Joe Green wrote:
> There was some discussion a couple of weeks ago about having an option
> to "quilt delete" to remove the patch files from the patches directory.
> I've implemented this in the attached patch.
>
> I've implemented this as two options:
>
>    -r      Remove the deleted patch file from the patches directory as
>    well.
>
>    --backup
>            Create a backup copy of a deleted patch file as patch~.
>            Only supported when used with "-r".
>
> What do you think?

I'm not sure that -r is a good idea. Sound like recursive to me. What about
--purge instead? Or, since it's contradictory with the existance of
--backup, maybe --remove, ie the long option only.

After all, we can live with long options only, thanks to the completion ;)

Will see what the others say about it
Mt.