[Quilt-dev] Detecting duplicate patches

From: jerome lacoste
Subject: [Quilt-dev] Detecting duplicate patches
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 10:43:57 +0200

Hi I sometimes modify the series file by hand (because there's no way
to reorder patches) and I once or twice made some mistakes ending up
with duplicate patches. This really scr€w€d up my setup.

So I was wondering if it could be possible to add a safe-guard check
that would be executed before most operations. This works:

 test1=`grep -v "^#" patches/series  | grep -v "^ *$" | cut -d ' ' -f 1 | wc -l`
 test2=`grep -v "^#" patches/series  | grep -v "^ *$" | cut -d ' ' -f
1 | sort -u | wc -l`
 if [ $test1 = $test2 ] ; then echo OK; else echo BAD; fi

but it probably needs to be rewritten to take advantage of quilt
existing code and helper functions.

Would something like that be interesting?

Jerome