Re: [Quilt-dev] CVS test suite fixes

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] CVS test suite fixes
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:11:57 +0100

Hi Markus,

> Some small patches to make the test suite work again.

Good catch, I've committed the fixes related to the changes to "quilt
diff". This, together with another minor fix from me, makes the test
suite work again on my systems.

> I also had to add "--sort" to "diff --snapshot" in snapshot.test, probably
> because of filesystem related issues.

I did not apply these changes. The test suite is meant to detect the
problems, and I guess you just hit one. The "--sort" shouldn't be
necessary as far as I can see (but I am not familiar with quilt
snapshot), so instead of changing the test suite, I think we should
investigate the issue and maybe fix quilt itself if needs be.

Can you describe the error you get? Then can you try to understand why
you get it (when others, including me, don't)?

> Finally it would be nice if test/{Makefile,run} could be placed under
> Autoconf control, so that actually the newly installed version will get
> tested and not the first quilt encountered on path.

Even better would be John Vandenberg's way: test the to-be-installed
version of quilt. There are patches floating around (search the mailing
list archive) if you want to take your chance.

Thanks,