Re: [Quilt-dev] a commit and new patches

From: Dean Roehrich
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] a commit and new patches
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:57:43 -0600

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 07:31:41PM +1100, John Vandenberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> patch-params.diff has landed, and all appears to have gone well.
>
> Also, I have incorporated everyone's comments from the last two emails
> into an updated series of patches, adding support for Tru64 in the
> process.  Here they are in series order with patch headers.
>
> http://zeroj.hda0.net/quilt-0.43-patches-v4/series.php

I haven't tested this latest spin of these patches, I but do use the previous
spin that you pointed out earlier this week or last weekend.  From that set,
and included in the current set I see, I am using the following patches on
Solaris 10 (sparc) and on Linux (rh 3+, rh 4+, sles 9+, i386, x86-64, altix):

$ quilt ser -v
+ config-nls.diff
+ config-check-cp.diff
+ backup-files-touchup.diff
+ sun-backup-files.diff
+ import_alt_ftw.diff
+ backup-files-alt_ftw.diff

This seemed to be the minimum required to get past my difficulties in using
quilt on solaris (mostly--dunno if the check-cp was important, but everything
else was).

I haven't reviewed any of the code...but I like having it working on solaris.

Dean