[Quilt-dev] Makefile broken for translations

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: [Quilt-dev] Makefile broken for translations
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:18:26 +0100

Hi all,

Could we add something to Makefile so that it warns when configure is
older than configure.ac? I've been hunting a bug (translation files not
being generated properly) and found out that the reason why simply an
out of date configure script. autoconf fixed it.

Is adding something like this acceptable?

configure: configure.ac
        autoconf
        @echo "Please run ./configure"
        @false

Should be of no use for end-users, but might be helpful for us
developers.

Thanks,