Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt mail broken with sed 3.02

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt mail broken with sed 3.02
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 11:08:30 +0000

John Vandenberg wrote:
> Hi Andreas & Gary,

Hallo :)

> On 31/01/06, Andreas Gruenbacher <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> With the attached patch (and my patch-17 from an earlier mail) applied,
>>> quilt passes its testsuite on OSX again. I figured that since we already
>>> require parts of coreutils, it was easier to use coreutils uniq (guniq from
>>> darwinports) than script a workaround in bash.
>> Thanks.
>
> afaik quilt has not had a hard dependency on coreutils, except that
> mail uses GNU date and uniq features.  If possible, could we avoid
> this dependency as it is a very large package, or turn the error into
> a warning that mail wont work?
>
> The attached patch addresses the uniq side of things, however the
> ordering of the patches with duplicate subjects wont be exactly the
> same, unless a sort is added back in.  Also, I havent had time to test
> this on many platforms.

Don't forget you also need to reverse apply my configure.ac patch-18 now
that quilt no longer needs uniq -D :)

CVS HEAD, with that done, and my recent date patch applied, quilt passes
all tests on darwin.  ...as long as I have GNU coreutils installed ;-)

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
Gary V. Vaughan      ())_.  address@hidden,gnu.org}