Re: [Quilt-dev] contrib: listallpatch script

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] contrib: listallpatch script
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 16:04:09 +0200

Hi Randy,

> I don't see a contrib/ dir., but whatever, you can have this if you
> want it.  Someone can probably make it shorter but it works as is.
>
> Also available at:
>   http://www.xenotime.net/linux/scripts/listallpatch

I don't think I have a use for that script, but you might be interested
in the following comments anyway:

> #! /bin/bash
> # listallpatch: list quilt patches below $topdir
> # Copyright 2006 Randy Dunlap <address@hidden>
> #
> # list all quilt patches below the current working dir or a specified dir;
> # usage: listallpatch [topdir] [patch-dir-name]
> # topdir defaults to current working dir;
> # patch-dir-name defaults to "patch" if ~/.quiltrc is not found
> # or it does not set QUILT_PATCHES=patchdir;

Why did you make the default directory name "patch" when quilt uses
"patches" by default?

> if [ -e $topdir -a -d $topdir ]; then

You can test -d directly.

>       if [ -e $dir/$patchdirname -a -d $dir/$patchdirname ]; then

Ditto.

>                       echo "# $dir/$patchdirname/series:" ## <-----"

You have an unmatched double quote here, it probably doesn't do what
what you wanted.