Re: [Quilt-dev] Fix quilt pop behaviour with empty patch

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Fix quilt pop behaviour with empty patch
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:41:19 +0200

Hi Arnaud,

> When you create a new patch and then pop it, quilt is detecting that the
> patch is empty. This behaviour is fine except that quilt doesn't remove
> the .pc/$patch directory. So, if you delete the empty patch, you'll
> still have the .pc/$patch.

Good catch. While investigating this issue, I found a similar one: push
wouldn't properly create the .pc/$patch directory in some corner cases
(missing patch, empty patch), causing commands such as rename to fail
later.

> The following two patches are a fix for this and a test case.

Thanks for your contribution. I've applied a slightly different fix for
the pop command. I've added a different test case as well - yours did
not integrate too well into the test suite for both aestethic and
technical reasons ;)

Additionally, I fixed the other issue in the push command, and modified
the missing.test test case to validate the fix.