Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch] import -R (reverse)

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch] import -R (reverse)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 09:21:50 +0100

Hi Randy,

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 15:45:57 -0800, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:54:42 +0100 Jean Delvare wrote:
> > Here's what I've come up with, which appears to work for me. Can you
> > please give it a try and confirm it works OK for you too? (CVS patch,
> > apply with -p0.)
>
> Applied and tested.  Nice job, thanks.

OK, great, thanks for reporting. I'll apply it then. Andreas, no
objection?

I expect some more fixes to be required though. For example I suspect
we don't handle "quilt import -f" properly if the original patch was
reverted and the new one isn't, and vice-versa. Pretty much the same
problem as with the strip level, discussed here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/quilt-dev/2007-01/msg00011.html

I also think that "-R" or "-p" appearing in a comment after a patch
name in the series.conf file would be the victim of side effects when
we update the patch arguments. This case isn't covered by the test
suite as far as I can tell.