[Quilt-dev] preserving file list?

From: strongcofi
Subject: [Quilt-dev] preserving file list?
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:26:24 -0800

Hi,

Firstly thanks for developing "quilt". Its a great tool and
has helped me manage my patches better.

Is there a way to preserve the file-list associated with a
patch?

I typically tend to add ALL files of a subdir to a new patch,
before starting to do my changes (as I dont know what files
I will really be modifying _and_ I dont have to remember to
add each file to the patch before i make any change in it).

All works well. But after a pop and again push of the patch,
files that are touched by the patch are the only ones that
appear in the file-list of that patch (I can understand why
that happens).

Is there way to preseve the file list assoicated with the patch?
Maybe my way of adding ALL files of a subdir is not the best
one, but I like the convenience of it :-) and would be great if
there is a way to remember the file list for a patch :-)

Any way? I am using 0.44 version.

Thanks
a.