[Quilt-dev] Re: [patch 3/5] x86: lockless get_user_pages_fast

From: Andrew Morton
Subject: [Quilt-dev] Re: [patch 3/5] x86: lockless get_user_pages_fast
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 18:16:29 -0700

On Fri, 30 May 2008 02:55:02 +0200
Nick Piggin <address@hidden> wrote:

> Gah, missing quilt refresh. Sorry.

Gee that happens a lot.

Is there some way in which quilt can detect this?  Warn people that
they're about to send a not-up-to-date diff?

ISTR I did something like this - it checked whether the diff had an
older mtime than any of the files which it touches but I tossed it.
Presumably because of all the obvious false positives it gets.

Perhaps just disallowing the emailing of a presently-applied patch
would suffice.