Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch 0/2] New function: commit

From: Kurtis Rader
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch 0/2] New function: commit
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 09:27:48 -0800

I don't have any objections but will point out that this doesn't solve the general problem. I've written a wrapper called "q4" so that Quilt can be used in conjunction with Perforce. The key feature is that you can associate a Quilt patch with a Perforce Changelist (via "q4 patch"). Updates to the patch (say, in response to review feedback) are made to the Quilt patch which are then propagated to the Perforce CL. When the patch is ready for submission you type "q4 submit" which submits the CL and archives the corresponding Quilt patch (in $root/patches/archive).

I don't think it is feasible to solve the general Quilt to other VCS interaction problem solely within Quilt. What would help a lot is if there were an actual public API that tools like my q4 script could use instead of using the Quilt CLI and dealing with the ambiguities it presents.

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 04:22, Hugo Mills <address@hidden> wrote:
  I think this may have slipped through a crack... any comments?

  Hugo.

--
=== Hugo Mills: address@hidden carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
  --- Debugging is like hitting yourself in the head with hammer: ---