Re: [Quilt-dev] easy patch from debian: unset posix strict conformance v

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] easy patch from debian: unset posix strict conformance variables
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 22:13:46 +0100

Le samedi 23 janvier 2010 à 21:27 +0100, Jean Delvare a écrit :
> Le samedi 12 décembre 2009 10:20, Jean Delvare a écrit :
> > Hi Martin,
> >
> > Le vendredi 11 décembre 2009 17:52, Martin Quinson a écrit :
> > > as you know, there is a bunch of patches in the debian packages that
> > > should be integrated directly into the quilt git repository.
> > >
> > > Instead of flooding you with all of them, I'll try to submit with them
> > > one after the other, so that we can discuss them in order.
> >
> > Good idea.
> >
> > > The first one is very trivial, as you can see in attachment.
> >
> > Comments:
> >
> > In general, I am fine with the patch's idea.
> >
> > While I couldn't find documentation about POSIXLY_PEDANTIC and
> > _POSIX2_VERSION, experience shows that they have no effect when
> > POSIXLY_CORRECT isn't set. So I wouldn't bother unsetting them.
> >
> > Your patch fixes quilt itself but not the test suite. If
> > POSIXLY_CORRECT is set, the test suite breaks on create-delete.test
> > due to a non-interactive use of patch. So we should either run the
> > whole test suite with POSIXLY_CORRECT unset, or at least unset it
> > in create-delete.test.
> >
> > As I recall, you have write access to the quilt repository, so you
> > should be able to commit the patch yourself once fixed?
>
> Ping Martin.

Hey Jean, hey everybody.

as usual, after a few days (hours only?) of quilt activity, I'm diving
in my professional TODO list. I'm really sorry about this. Your remarks
are good, and I'll redo that patch to integrate them. One day :(

I still read the list, but nothing more since ... too long. I'm still
willing to help, but really short on time. I hope that the situation
will improve in a month or two (since 2 years).

Sorry about this,
Mt.