Re: [Quilt-dev] problems with quilt mail

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] problems with quilt mail
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 22:34:18 +0100

Hi Andreas,

On Saturday 11 February 2012 10:42:59 pm Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
> I've pushed a few fixed to the fixes-0.51 branch:

I see that you request bash version 3.2 now. This seems a little harsh
to me. I have a system still running Slackware 12.0 (still supported),
it comes with bash 3.1.17 and quilt is running fine on it as far as I
can say. What are your specific concerns?

> Jean has recently
> pushed a bash rewrite of the backup-files utility to the master
>  branch; I'm not sure if there are any open issues and if performance
>  is okay. (Any insights into that would be very welcome.)

I would love to get feedback for sure. I did a lot of performance and
correctness regression testing but real-world use cases would be good to
have as well.

Suse L3