Re: [Quilt-dev] RFC: improving quilt minor mode for emacs

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] RFC: improving quilt minor mode for emacs
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 18:17:04 +0100

Hello Satoru,

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 08:17:27PM +0900, satoru takeuchi wrote:
> As I said last week, I merged the following thirteen patches about
> lib/quilt.el.
>
>     quilt-el: be aware of QUILT_PATCHES
>     quilt-el: simplify quilt-revert
>     quilt-el: considering default-directory' is nil
>     quilt-el: optimize `quilt-revert'
>     quilt-el: update the maintainer's email addres.
>     quilt-el: return to the original cwd even if `shell-command' failed.
>     quilt-el: fix polluting namespace by nested function.
>     quilt-el: cleanup codes by introducing `quilt-cmd-to-list' function.
>     quilt-el: supporting multiple quilt trees
>     quilt-el: make it checkdoc clean.
>     quilt-el: make it byte compile clean
>     quilt-el: remove `Version' and `URL' tags in the document
>     quilt-el: fix `quilt-patch-list' to call `quilt series'..
>
> Now this script is up-to-date. It would be useful for all emacs&quilt users
> who often accidentally edit not-yet-quilt-added files (yes, It's me.)
> Such mistakes can automatically be avoided by it :-)

Thanks for this work. As an emacs user, I really appreciate ;)

Could you please drop a few words into quilt.changes to summarize the
most important changes?

Thanks again,
Mt.

--
This paper needs a major rewrite to fix the English, make it more
concise, explain clearly what exactly is the performance evaluation