[Quilt-dev] quilt 'env' command to get environment variables

From: Greg KH
Subject: [Quilt-dev] quilt 'env' command to get environment variables
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 14:12:43 -0700

I have a pretty "complex" .quiltrc that looks at the current working
directory, and other things, to try to determine a number of different
environment variables that quilt then uses just fine.

I have other scripts that end up calling quilt in order to get patches
applied, and sometimes, if there are problems, it would be nice to be
able to figure out what those environment variables are set to so that
patches can be edited by hand, or other things can happen.

So I came up with 'quilt env', a simple dump of the environment
variables that quilt runs with, that any other script can then take and
use as needed.

Am I just missing something built in that quilt already provides to get
this type of information?  Or is a command like this useful for anyone
else?  If so, I'll be glad to turn it into a "real" patch, otherwise, I
can just keep it in my local tree.

thanks,

greg k-h