Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch 6/7] Exit with an error when diffs retcode=2 (err

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch 6/7] Exit with an error when diffs retcode=2 (error) on patch
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 22:19:45 +0100

Le Friday 17 January 2014 à 19:01 +0100, Martin Quinson a écrit :
> On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 12:48:30PM +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 22:48:01 +0100, Martin Quinson wrote:
> > > + $ quilt refresh
> > > + > diff: test.txt: Permission denied
> > > + > Diff failed on file 'test.txt', aborting.
> >
> > Please check the return value here:
> >
> >     $ echo %{?}
> >     > 1
>
> It does not work for me. If I use %{?}, it echoes ?. If I use $? it
> echoes 0. And looking at test/run, I don't see where the return value
> of the child command should be set into $?. No other test check the
> return value of the commands. test/conflicts.test should do that but
> doesnt.

This only works with the most recent version of quilt, as I added this
feature in:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/quilt.git/commit/?id=d35030c2a4475aab71d1e78e73452daba1911e1a
That's not even in version 0.61.

$? will always return 0, I'm not 100% sure I understand why. That's why
I implemented %{?}.

> > BTW, the return value of "quilt diff" in case a binary file is included
> > is still 0. I think it needs to be fixed as well,
>
> Not sure about it actually. quilt diff kinda works on binary, doesn't
> it?

Err, no, it definitely doesn't. It detects that the binary files are
different, but that's useless for storing the actual differences in a
patch file.

Suse L3 Support