[Quilt-dev] Quilt configuration associated with a source code tree/patch

From: Frank Bormann
Subject: [Quilt-dev] Quilt configuration associated with a source code tree/patch series
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 10:27:35 -0400

Hi Everyone,

I am new to quilt and just finished to read through the documentation.

I was wondering if quilt has any concept of accepting quiltrc configuration linked to a particular project/source code tree/patch series.

I know that there is ~/.quiltrc which binds to a particular individual and /etc/quilt.quiltrc that binds to a particular system. I was wondering if there is a similar concept where configuration binds to a project/source tree/patch series, that I may be missing. Ideally in such way that any project configuration may be overridden by the system-wide and individual user config files.

The idea is to track changes to a patch series in a version control system and implement branches by having QUILT_SERIES set to different series files for each individual branch.

Thanks,
Frank