Re: [Quilt-dev] Recursive instances?

From: Andreas Grünbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Recursive instances?
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 14:41:09 +0100

Mike,

> Hello,
>   I'm working on a [1]project that has problems re-applying
> [2]patches.  I though to use quilt to manage if the patches are
> applied, perhaps not the simplest solution.  The issue I have is that
> somewhere during dpkg-buildpackage the patch file is being changed.
> The 3 .pc files are being removed from the patch.

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say here. Quilt uses the
.pc directory for tracking internal state, so that it can rediff and
pop patches. If one of your patches contains such a .pc directory,
then that's probably a mistake. You can avoid this conflict by telling
quilt to use a different directory by setting the QUILT_PC environment
variable though.

Andreas