Re: [Quilt-dev] Little problem in Makefile

From: Andreas Grünbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Little problem in Makefile
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 20:50:35 +0100

Leszek,

> Dear quilt developers,
> i tried to package quilt for Alpine Linux and i succeed, but it takes
> me some time to realize why fakeroot is failing, bindir is defined as
> bindir :=       /usr/bin
>
> in Makefile, so it ignores prefix. Shouldn't it been like:
> bindir :=       ${prefix}/bin

I can't reproduce the problem. In Makefile.in, I have:
[] prefix :=       @prefix@
[] exec_prefix :=  @exec_prefix@
[] bindir :=       @bindir@

This turns into the following when I run ./configure with no options:
[] prefix :=       /usr/local
[] exec_prefix :=  ${prefix}
[] bindir :=       ${exec_prefix}/bin

Are you calling ./configure with option --bindir=/usr/bin perhaps?

Andreas