Re: [Quilt-dev] Quilt 0.65 coming soon

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Quilt 0.65 coming soon
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 09:30:36 +0200

Hi Yasushi-san,

On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 15:08:43 +0900, Yasushi SHOJI wrote:
> I've attached gzipped Japanese translation update.

Thank you.

> While we are at it.
> I noticed that quilt mail got a new help entry for --charset.
> The help string read "Specify the input charset.".
>
> Would it be better to tell our users that the given charset is
> used in the header "Context-Type " and Subject encoding?
> Since mail command is said to: "Create mail messages from a
> specified  range  of  *patches*,  or  all *patches*  in  the  series  file".
> It is, IMHO, uncertain what "the Input" is referring to.

I added this short help text after noticing that the option was not
documented at all. But the truth is, I don't use the quilt mail
command, and I don't really know what the option does. It was an
uneducated guess. You certainly know better. Would you mind providing a
patch to describe the option properly? I'd be happy to apply it before
releasing v0.65.

Thanks,
SUSE L3 Support