rapp-dev

[Rapp-dev] This is an initial SIMD implementation of integral image

From: Willie Betschart
Subject: [Rapp-dev] This is an initial SIMD implementation of integral image
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 16:15:53 +0100

Hi!

This is an initial SIMD implementation of integral image for 8 bits to 16 and
32 bit integrals.

The current solution is a mixture of hardcoded SWAR and SIMD.

I'm will continue to experiment on a full SIMD implementation. At the moment
this implementation is not faster than generic.

Note:
It was required to add the rows below in file /rapp/tune/rapptune.h

#define rc_integral_sum_u8_u16_IMPL                          RC_IMPL_SIMD
#define rc_integral_sum_u8_u16_UNROLL                        1
#define rc_integral_sum_u8_u16_SCORE                         1.69e+09

#define rc_integral_sum_u8_u32_IMPL                          RC_IMPL_SIMD
#define rc_integral_sum_u8_u32_UNROLL                        1
#define rc_integral_sum_u8_u32_SCORE                         1.57e+09

The score is just copied but this was necessary to make it build when adding a
vector implementation. This wasn't trivial. I had to build once first.

Best regards
Willie