rapp-users

Re: [Rapp-users] RAPP Examples

From: Hans-Peter Nilsson
Subject: Re: [Rapp-users] RAPP Examples
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:06:13 +0200

> From: Vincenzo Carletti <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 10:33:22 +0200

> Good morning,
> I'm starting to use RAPPLib on AXIS camera, but i have some problems cause
> there are no examples or howtos.

I agree more examples would help.

> I need to perform a connected component search inside a frame extrated from
> the camera.
> How can i use RAPP to obtain this aim?

As I haven't used the functions myself (I'm just the janitor)
unfortunately I don't have any better answer than what I believe
you've found by yourself browsing sources and the documentation:
(Though arguable the code in the test-suite doesn't serve being
an example here.)

Starting with an image of unknown topology (or processed to
likely contain shapes want to further investigate), with N being
4 or 8 for the connectivity, iterate, use rapp_contour_Nconn_bin
to get each shape, then rapp_fill_Nconn_bin to fill it, to
prepare for the next call to rapp_contour_Nconn_bin.  Repeat
until an empty contour string is returned.

brgds, H-P