rapp-users

Re: [Rapp-users] Possible bugs in RAPP v. 0.7

From: Hans-Peter Nilsson
Subject: Re: [Rapp-users] Possible bugs in RAPP v. 0.7
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 20:54:38 +0200

> From: Johan Almbladh <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 10:28:38 +0200

> When I look into rapp_thresh functions there seem to be an
> error in the overlap validation. All threshold functions uses
> an error checking macro that takes only one width-in-bytes
> argument. However, it must take two width arguments since the
> two images have different pixel depths (binary and u8). The
> function rapp_type_u8_to_bin() does this properly (type
> conversion from u8 to binary is only a special case of
> thresholding with a value of 128).

Absolutely correct.  Oops.

> I have attached a patch that fixes the validation checks for
> the rapp_thresh functions.

...but is missing an adjustment to the test-suite, which fails
after this patch as it painstakingly tested the wrong limits.

> H-P: Sorry for the attachment if you prefer patches inline in
> emails. I just couldn't make Gmail stop mangling it :/ The fix
> should be very straight forward, but just drop me a line if
> you want to discuss anything. Have a good vacation!

Speaking of preferences, for future reference: my above-all
preference is to have a bug-tracker ticket logging this; patches
naturally attach there.  Secondary, a test-case to show the
issue, and (3) the same fitting the test-suite.  There's ticket
covering this in <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?39396>,
great!  (Though, I can't use the test-case as is in the
test-suite.  It shows the bug in a specific context which is all
I can ask for an error report, but it's not tailored for the
test-suite; for one it has too many built-in assumptions.)

Fourth, since it's you Johan, and you have the commit rights
AFAIK, you can and IMHO should check in patches yourself.
Any other preferences are unimportant. :)

And, sorry for the delay.

brgds, H-P
PS. fixed code and test-case now committed ca5234f; ticket closed.