Re: [RP] CVS snapshot RPM

From: Gergely Nagy
Subject: Re: [RP] CVS snapshot RPM
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 15:28:21 +0200

Thus spoke Ryan Yeske <address@hidden> on 2001-05-18 10:45:17:
> Gergely Nagy <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi there!
> >
> > As I promised in my e-mail yesterday, I made an RPM of the current
> > ratpoison cvs repository.
> >
> > It was compiled on a RedHat 7.1 system, YMMV.
> >
> > You gat fetch it from:
> >  ftp://ratpoison.sourceforge.net/pub/ratpoison/ratpoison-0.2.0-1.i386.rpm
>
> The version number should be 0.2.0-cvs, so as not to mislead people.

Well, the problem with that is that RPM is simply stupid. It does not
allow 0.2.0-cvs. I first tried to auto-generate ratpoison.spec at
configure time, replacing the version number in the .spec, however,
rpm barfed at me when it saw 0.2.0-cvs, so I gave up. If anyone
happens to know RPM's internals better, and has a solution, feel free
to flame me to death :)

--
Gergely Nagy \ mhp/|8]