[RP] Possible Improvements in rp inspired by PLWM?

From: Mike Meyer
Subject: [RP] Possible Improvements in rp inspired by PLWM?
Date: Sat Dec 1 10:00:06 2001

In PLWM, I'm using a cute trick for binding digits. I find the keysym,
and subtract the keysym for 0 from that to get the number I hit in a
variable I can then use. I then bind one digit to that function, and
alias the rest - or all the rest I'm interested in(*) - to that key.

Given that rp now supports aliases, might it not be possible to add
that functionality to "select" (and select_frame if you have it), or
maybe create select_on_keycode (and select_frame_on_keycode). You then
bind 0 to that function, and alias 1-9 to the binding for 0.

What's interesting is that this trick works in the presence of
modifiers, so you could bind 0-9 to select_on_keycode, and C-0 to C-9
to select_frame_on_keycode.

        <mike

*) I bound 2-9 with various modifiers to split the current frame into
   2 through 9 "equal" pieces in the two directions. 1 maximizes. I
   haven't implented frame removal yet, mostly because of the
   difficulties I presented in an earlier message.

--
Mike Meyer <address@hidden>                     http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/