Re: [RP] virtual screens

From: Gergely Nagy
Subject: Re: [RP] virtual screens
Date: Fri Apr 26 16:46:02 2002

> As I mentioned before this adds _basic_ support for virtual screens. The
> behavior and implementation details can most certainly be improved.

I'm using it for ~5 minutes now, seems nice so far :)
Let's see how much I can break it! >:)

> The number of available virtual screens is defined by NUM_VSCREENS in conf.h

I'd really like to be able to make this configurable, and dynamically
allocated. So if I end up using the patch, I wouldn't need to
recompile it for my low-mem boxen.

It would also be nice if it could display which virtual screen I'm
currently on (like the "Virtual Screen 3").

If I have time, I'll try to do this on the weekend, unless you beat me
to it.

> Known problems (so far):
>  - The 'select' command doesn't switch virtual screen if the window is
>    present in a frame on another virtual screen. I think it should.

(Without reading and understanding the code)

Could it be solved by looping through the vscreen list, and checking
where the window is, and switching there?

Oh! And it didn't apply to current CVS cleanly, there were a few fuzzy
things, and the first hunk of the actions.c patch didn't apply (I
simply inserted the relevant two lines, no biggy). If anyone is
interested, I can post a patch against latest CVS.

Cheers,
--
Gergely Nagy \ mhp/|8]