use xbindkeys (Re: [RP] SMP and ratpoison)

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: use xbindkeys (Re: [RP] SMP and ratpoison)
Date: Tue Dec 24 09:55:02 2002

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 07:53:36PM +0100, Sven Hartrumpf wrote:
On 23 Dec 2002, William R Thomas wrote:
No, but I am using keylaunch which serves the same purpose.

I don't know keylaunch, but if you can start 2 or more "ratpoison -c ..."
using keylaunch the problem you describe can occur.

BTW: xbindkeys 1.6.4 now features an installation option named --disable-fork
that solves such problems for the combination of rp and xbindkeys.

Yes, I switched to xbindkeys when keylaunch got too flaky for me.
Xbindkeys isn't perfect, but it doesn't flake out on me (taking up 99%
cpu time sometimes), doesn't crash X or ratpoison, and it works.

Jonathan

--
                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   address@hidden
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2