Re: [RP] configuring for darwin

From: Gergely Nagy
Subject: Re: [RP] configuring for darwin
Date: Sun May 4 23:18:11 2003

> > > You probably need newer config.sub/config.guess. Grab them from
> > > savannah.gnu.org/projects/config (sorry, I don't have exact urls at
> > > hand).
> >
> > I seem to get further but not yet success:
> >
> > checking for a BSD-compatible install... /sw/bin/install -c
> > checking whether build environment is sane... yes
> > checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
> > checking for working aclocal... found
> > checking for working autoconf... found
> > checking for working automake... found
> > checking for working autoheader... found
> > checking for working makeinfo... found
> > checking build system type... Invalid configuration
> > `powerpc-apple-darwin6.5': system `darwin6.5' not recognized
> > configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub powerpc-apple-darwin6.5 failed
> >

> > Further suggestions?
>
> Isn't there a configure option to tell it what architecture you have?
> Just find one that it supports that sounds about right and *boom*.

Something like powerpc-apple-macosx or -macos10, or simply
powerpc-freebsd should work, imho. It is not really used anywhere..
(I wouldn't be suprised if i286-pc-minix would also work >:)

OTOH, this should probably be reported to the GNU config.* folks, so
they can add -darwin6.5 to config.guess and .sub.