Re: [RP] Weird :restart behaviour

From: twb
Subject: Re: [RP] Weird :restart behaviour
Date: Tue May 13 09:15:12 2003

Quoth address@hidden (=?iso-8859-1?q?Bj=F6rn_Lindstr=F6m?=)

>  Mostly, when I restart ratpoison, all windows disappear and no input
>  gives any effect.
>
>  If I restart ratpoison again, from another terminal, it restarts as
>  normal.

I have noticed this occasionally (as in ~twice/month), but unable to
pin it down.  I seem to get it when one window closes itself (e.g. a
gimp image window on C-q).  I find that if you can manually focus
another window (thru some clever trick that i forget), then RP comes
good again, without (i think) restarting.  I say i think because i run
RP within a `$@; exec $0 address@hidden script.

>I'm talking about when I restart ratpoison to reload my .ratpoisonrc.

Could you put '#!/usr/bin/ratpoison -c' or something at the top, then
execute it as a script?

-twb