Re: [RP] inaccessible frames

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] inaccessible frames
Date: Mon Jun 2 16:12:02 2003

Rupert Levene <address@hidden> writes:

> If you follow the steps below you end up with inaccessible frames,
> which I've labelled with '?'. Should ratpoison try to check for such
> problems when you remove a frame, and try an alternative strategy? In
> this example, rather than enlarging C, frame B should be enlarged to
> fill the space left by removing D after the first step.

Thanks for the bug report, Rupert. This is clearly a bug in the remove
frame code. The reason we even *have* these kinds of bugs is because I
implemented frames as a flat list and not a tree (which splits
are). If it was a tree then removing a frame would straight forward
and not so awfully error prone.

Uhm...so yeah. Bugs. Definitely bugs. Expect fixes to be
forthcoming...

Shawn