[RP] problem building ratpoison

From: Jay Cotton
Subject: [RP] problem building ratpoison
Date: Wed Sep 22 17:37:20 2004

Hello,

I'm having trouble building ratpoison 1.3 on both Redhat Fedora and Debian linux. When I run ./configure, it can't seem to find the X11 headers and libs. So I tried changing my command to the following:

./configure -x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include -x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib

(I'm not sure if this is correct, but the above paths do exist...) That brings me to the next error:

*** Can't find History headers and libs

So I add --disable-history to my command, which gets the next error:

*** Can't find libX11

Anybody know how to deal with this? Thanks in advance,

Jay