Re: [RP] Re: base36 fselect

From: Trent Buck
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: base36 fselect
Date: Thu Oct 7 21:52:29 2004

Quoth Joe Corneli on or about 2004-10-07:

> I didn't ever seem to see this problem after X's startup, but at
> startup there was a huge lag time,

I noticed this as well, but it's negligible since I have a fast
machine and hardly ever restart X / RP.

> Actually, my comment about having X freeze up above may be
> completely unrelated to "top".  I've been messing around with my
> Xmodmap again, and somehow this was literally locking every button
> on my computer except the power button (which I could use to escape
> back to Aqua).

If you run `xterm -e xmodmap...' instead of `xmodmap', you may see it
saying

        Please release key X!  Waiting N seconds.
        Please release key X!  Waiting 2N seconds.

This seemed to happen a lot when using OS-X as an xdm (XDMCP) client.

> get rid of Aqua, and I wonder if you could tell me how to set the
> default shell to tcsh instead of bash.  Also I'm a little curious to

Using NetInfo.  See wiki.

> know how I could get the Dvorak keyboard layout (which is active at
> the graphical login box) to be active at the text login.

Dunno, sorry.

-trent