Re: [RP] How to have 2 prefix keys (escape)?

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] How to have 2 prefix keys (escape)?
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:07:49 +0000

address@hidden writes:

> Hi all.
>
> My .ratpoisonrc contains
>
> escape Super_R
>
> Now, I would like to have Super_L also act as the prefix key.
>
> (I have tried xmodmap with keycode 115 = Super_R with a funny effect:
> left Windows key (code 115) works as escape (as wanted),
> but right Windows key stopped working as escape.)

Hi Sven,

I believe you come across a known bug. X's keysym->keycode converting
functions don't return all the keycodes a keysym is bound to; only the
first one.

For your purposes an easy workaround. Instead of binding your left
windows key to Super_R, just bind Super_L to 'readkey root' in
ratpoison:

definekey top Super_L readkey root

Make sure it isn't listed as a modifier (see xmodmap), however.

-Shawn