Re: [RP] Frame border color

From: TBlittlefoot
Subject: Re: [RP] Frame border color
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 09:55:15 -0700

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 05:45:04PM +0200, Martin Samuelsson wrote:
> G?ran Gustafsson @ 2005-09-03 (Saturday), 14:13 (+0200)
> > It worked great with xterm but that's just not enough for me since i don't
> > even use xterm. I want it to work with everything and that's why i assumed i
> > had to mess with the ratpoison code myself. Thanks for the tip anyway.
>
> Sluta med jeopardo-citering p? mailinglistor ?r du sn?ll.
>
> I might be wrong here, but I do think that it is the actual client
> itself that is drawing the border (through some library). I.e. not the
> window manager. If that is the case I guess there's not much that
> ratpoison can do about the issue.
>
> If anyone has more knowledge of the details, could you please share
> them?

I believe that you are right about that, Martin. With most
x-terminal-emulators its appearance and other things can be
configured on the commandline:

aterm -title "FOO" -fn "-*-courier-medium-r-normal-*-*-120-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1"
-geometry 109X45+0+0 -bg beige  -sl 300 +sb

Title, font, size and placement, background color, scrollback buffer
size, and no border.

Not Ratpoison's concern. It would be completely unrealistic to
expect it to be able to cover all of the x-terminal-emulators
out there.

Note that Ratpoison _will_ pick up the title configured there,
which is nice.

Tom