Re: [RP] patch to improve manpages' description of redisplay

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] patch to improve manpages' description of redisplay
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 16:23:45 -0500

"Bernhard R. Link" <address@hidden> writes:

> The following patch improves the description of redisplay in the
> manpage a bit.
> (I forget what it do and could not find anything maximizing a
>  transient window in the manpage so I almost implemented it again).

Thanks! That should be in CVS momentarily.

> With the new _NET_WM_PID handling this command gets even more
> important as there is no way to get a transient window with that
> property to show up in a frame large enough other than removing
> the frame it would show up.

This sounds like a bug. You're saying a netwm compliant program opens
and any transient it creates is put in the startup frame? That doesn't
seem right. The intended behavior is only the first window gets put in
that frame. All subsequent ones appear in the current frame. Can you
give me steps to reproduce?

-Shawn