Re: [RP] Problem mit ratpoison in vnc in ratpoison

From: Nazri Ramliy
Subject: Re: [RP] Problem mit ratpoison in vnc in ratpoison
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:42:13 +0800

On 1/4/06, Shawn Betts <address@hidden > wrote:

ratpoison sends a synthetic C-t event to the focused window. X windows
tags it as such and I suspect vnc is discarding it (for security
reasons). I know xterm by default does the same but has an X resource
setting that will let it accept these events. Perhaps vnc has
something similar.

That explains why the meta command ``didn't work'' on my xterm windows.

Your email led me to man xterm and look for ``synthetic''.

It'd be helpful if a note about this `synthetic' stuff could be mentioned in the
ratpoison manpage, under the meta command.

Regards,

Nazri