Re: [RP] forced shrink

From: Ted Walther
Subject: Re: [RP] forced shrink
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:31:57 -0800

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 10:24:20AM -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
I'm curious if it is possible to :shrink a window regardless of
transient/nontransient/however it works now.  As it stands, I rarely
feel the need to :shrink a window, unless I have something fullscreened
that I'd rather not have.  At that point, shrink fails.  I'd like to,
basically, resize all sides by -X, so I can manually shrink a given
window.

If anyone knows if this is possible, let me know.  I'd be willing to
code something up, but I'd like to see if it can be done with existing
features before I do that.

I wonder if the split and hsplit commands support percentages.  Be nice
to put a tail -f /var/log/apache in a small 20% xterm at the bottom, a
gaim buddy list 25% at the left side, and the rest devoted to web
browser.

Ted

--
It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

Eukleia: Ted Walther
Address: 5690 Pioneer Ave, Burnaby, BC  V5H2X6 (Canada)
Contact: 604-430-4973