Re: [RP] limewire/frostwire

From: Nazri Ramliy
Subject: Re: [RP] limewire/frostwire
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:11:31 +0800

On 2/16/07, Shawn Betts <address@hidden> wrote:
This java application you're working on exhibits the same "stuck"
behavior?

Yup.  I did a few test and found out that only java swing applications
exhibit this 'stuck' behavior.  I wrote two simpe java application,
one using awt and the other one using swing.  The one that uses awt
runs fine in ratpoison. The one using swing didn't.

Both are simpe java frame with a single button in it.

For the swing application the button did not appear at all.

I tested running eclipse and it ran fine in ratpoison (since it's
using swt gui framework, not swing).

Running netbeans on the other hand shows the same 'stuck' behavior.
Netbeans uses swing.

Here are the tar gzipped log files (16kb):

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=81390

The file contains ratpoison debug logs:

ratpoison.simple.java.awt.app.log  (runs fine)
ratpoison.simple.java.swing.app.log (stuck, swing application)
ratpoison.eclipse.log (runs fine)
ratpoison.myapp.log (stuck, swing application)
ratpoison.netbeans.log (stuck, swing application)

All apps above ran fine in other window manager.

Nazri