Re: [RP] ... --solved (with my workspace scripts) -Phuk!

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [RP] ... --solved (with my workspace scripts) -Phuk!
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 10:16:57 +1100

    Kipling> Tangentally related: There's an issue with websites being able to
    Kipling> resize firefox (I think this is what's going on...and if it is, why
    Kipling> did the firefox devs think that was a good idea?). Ratpoison
doesn't
    Kipling> actually let firefox resize (it shouldn't let firefox resize) but
    Kipling> firefox doesn't seem to realize this (in blatant disregard of
ICCCM)
    Kipling> and renders pages completely wrong until the window actually gets
    Kipling> resized ('redisplay' doesn't work--I 'split' and then 'only'). I've
    Kipling> been meaning to fix this, preferably by filing a bug with firefox,
    Kipling> applying a patch or having the firefox devs fix it but alternately
by
    Kipling> a firefox extension, ratpoison script or something.

Maybe I have just been lucky. I have never noticed any problems with
firefox and RP resizing myself. Except for websites that specify a
fixed or minimum width - these require a wider window to see all the
text. This isn't really firefox's fault though, for complying with the
web standards.
--
Brian May <address@hidden>