[RP] Fonts

From: Philip Hudson
Subject: [RP] Fonts
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 18:31:36 +0100

This might be an ignorant question, but... is it possible to use OTF fonts under ratpoison, and if so, what do I need to do?

Context: I like to use Inconsolata-dz in both terminal emulators and emacs. It shows up fine in both under Gnome -- I used the Gnome desktop GUI for installation, and a copy of the .otf file ended up in ~/.fonts -- but doesn't appear to show up in ratpoison, or else the metrics or something have changed, making the glyphs wider. I've lost 12 characters' width in my full-screen emacs frame.

This is all on up-to-date Linux Mint running on a 4GB VirtualBox VM hosted on an 8GB Windows 7 box.

I hope that's enough detail, and I'm asking the right question... I'm pretty sure this is the right place to ask it, anyway.

--
Phil Hudson                      PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63