[RP] Recent changes (autotools and utf-8 handling related)

From: Jérémie Courrèges -Anglas
Subject: [RP] Recent changes (autotools and utf-8 handling related)
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 03:31:59 +0100

Hi folks,

I've just pushed a few commits I've been sleeping on for too long.

Some hilights:
- autotools "framework" update
- handling of UTF-8 encoded strings* (as in the patch by
  Bernhard R. Link, a few months ago)
- removing of the ratpoison.spec file, as discussed with
  Kevin Fenzi (Fedora ratpoison maintainer)
- a few other minor changes

I'd like you to report any defect you may find.  I plan to work on the
info manual, next week, so that people can get a nice ratpoison pdf
manual (I'm sure many people were waiting for this!).

Please note that since I've cut through the autotools setup, you'll
have, at least, to run ''./autogen.sh && ./configure'' (or just
''autoreconf -i'').

* I'm wondering about full UTF-8 handling inside ratpoison (probably
  using iconv).  What do you folks think?  Too much work, not worth the
  trouble, some nice ideas about how to do that?  Just thinking.

Cheers,
--
Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas
GPG Key Fingerprint: 61DB D9A0 00A4 67CF 2A90  8961 6191 8FBF 06A1 1494